Been a busy couple of weeks... I really need to take some time out, and kick back and relax for a change.
Quick catch up:
- Went up country the other weekend to some places that I'd never heard of. Really enjoyed visiting Birkhamsted - the cutest English village I've seen in a long time. Coming back to Canning Town, made me realise how ugly it really is here... Birkhamsted - beautiful houses beside the canal, canal boats, great pubs, great little place. Unfortunately, costs an arm and a leg to live there, and costs even more to get a train ticket into London.
- Got my electricity bill in the mail - it's enormous! Really think there's something wrong with that. Been fighting with stupid call centre staff for a while - painful. Still gonna dispute it. £110 for three months, especially with the heaters off for 3/4 of the time? Crazy
- Caught up with Lindsay, who was over from Melbourne for a few days - unfortunately, I couldn't get up to Scotland for a bit of travel with her and Fran - would've loved to wander round my second favourite country (after Aus, of course)
- Caught up with Monica, who's over to check out London and possibly work here for a while - ended up at the Big Chill Bar, where she showed us that even with seven weeks backpacking around Europe, she still needs practise holding her booze <IMG alt=":)" class="emoticon" src="/images/emotions/emotion-1.gif" border=0>.
- Sue came over to visit - crashed on my lounge floor for a few days. Landed 5.30am Saturday, and managed to survive all day, and even talk intelligibly at a BBQ... That said, she crashed out on the train home <IMG alt=":)" class="emoticon" src="/images/emotions/emotion-1.gif" border=0>. She's here for a few more weeks, so will get to see her more. She's not enjoying London much so far, but its good to catch up with her.
- Watched the Australia - Croatia game last Thursday, while catching up with Amy (fellow backpacker who I wandered round Europe with a while back)
- Watched the England - Ecuador game on Sunday - got a good crowd there, and also managed to catch up with Nick.
- Watched the Australia - Italy game today - and wasn't happy about it.
- Finally uploaded a gazillion and one photos from the start of the year - round about 6 gig or so of photos from Aus, New Zealand and USA... So, if you're really patient, you can check them out (I do have a plan to fix the speed, but be patient, I'll get there eventually). There's some good ones there, at some point, will collect some of them into a decent album...
There's probably more, but I cant think of it. Need to settle down a bit, and give my liver a bit of a chance to recover. I think I've worked myself into the ground a bit - got a bit of a throat infection or something I think - not good.
And on that note, I think its time for bed. G'nite.