State of mind...
Warning - This is not a travel entry - its more a “get stuff of the brain“ type of thing.
I'm currently back in Athens, for a brief stopover - all of 5 hours or so, between returning from Nafplio, and heading up to Meteora. The train out leaves about 4 minutes to midnight, so i dont think there'll be much sleep tonight. Journey takes about 6 hours, with a changeover half way through. Painful.
Anyway, I just thought I'd take the time to put down a bit thats a
bit lot deeper than usual.
I'm not entirely sure, but i'm not enjoying the whole traveling thing that much at the moment. I think its due to a few reasons:
- The hostels we've been staying in haven't really had the whole common room thing happening properly. Where they have had a proper common room, its been pretty crappy, and not really condusive to meeting people
- There's been very few kitchens to make dinner in.
- Amy is running on a budget thats a lot tighter than mine - so that sort of limits how often we eat out/go out for a few drinks
- It seems to be past the backpacking season here - there's relatively few people around.
- Amy and I are getting along fine - but we just dont have the connection that means we can sit there and talk about crap for hours. So, it means that i'm not quite getting the interaction that makes up a really good trip.
- I think i'm missing the structure that work forces on you... Aggghhh! i'm missing having a job. Not good.
- I'm missing having a home. A place that i can go back to and have my stuff all there, and setup and a proper bed, and proper meals...
So, i'm not sure if this is coming out deep, or more just a whinge. Probably the second option i'm thinking, but who cares. Its my blog, so i can say what i want <IMG alt=:P class="emoticon" src="/images/emotions/emotion-4.gif">.
By the look of it, when i get back to london, i'll try and find a place to live, and look for a job. Gonna be painful (especially with the whole making new friends thing), but i'll get there. I think i'll pass on the travelling for a while, and see how it goes. Get myself back into normal society for a while.
Anyway, thats enough of a ramble for now - feel free to drop me an email...